Sawyer Yards Fall Biannual Art Stroll
Saturday, Oct 5, 2019 5pm-9pm
Nearly 350 of Houston’s top local artists are giving Houstonians the unique opportunity to shop thousands of pieces of original works during the Sawyer Yards Fall Biannual Art Stroll on Sat., Oct. 5, 2019.
Organized and hosted by one of the nation’s largest working creative communities, visitors are invited to explore the campus’ Main Yard buildings including Silver Street Studios, The Silos at Sawyer Yards and Winter Street Studios to meet artists and view a fantastic array of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, glass, mosaic, photography, ceramics, mixed media and jewelry. Live music, light bites and drinks at each building will keep visitors energized for a colorful evening of meeting new artists and finding the perfect piece to add to your collection.
Make it an artful evening with live art, open studios, music, food and drinks!
- Three buildings full of activities | The Silos at Sawyer Yards, Silver Street Studios, and Winter Street Studios
- Hundreds of artists and open studios
- A variety of food vendors inside the buildings - make plans to stay for dinner!
- Excel Pours will provide beer, wine, and signature cocktails for sale in each building
- Live musical performances by SoFar Houston
- Live Five Minute Poems by Outspoken Bean
- Live Art - Jack Gron will be in Art Alley to do an aluminum pour, which attracts hundreds of people, so register now and reserve your spot early! Register here!
- Ruin, Ruins, Ruining, Art Alley Sculpture Opening Reception, Jeff Forster's opening reception of his new installation in Art Alley (behind the Silos) in conjunction with Sculpture Month Houston
- DIY workshops, beading, paper marbling and terrarium making in Winter Street Studios Gallery (2nd Floor)
- Fotofest Photography exhibitions, Intersect, Velvet Generation and Dansk Konceptuelt in Silver Street Studios
Follow us on Facebook for more event details!
Participating Studios 5-9pm:
Silver Street Studios | 2000 Edwards St., Houston, TX 77007
The Silos at Sawyer Yards | 1502 Sawyer St., Houston TX 77007
Winter Street Studios | 2101 Winter St., Houston TX 77007
Please note - no dogs allowed inside buildings (service dogs only).