Flight of the Monarch - 2019 International Art Biennial
- Friday, Oct 4, 2019 6pm-8:30pm
Spring Street Studios1824 Spring Street
Curated by Yvonamor Palix, this exhibition was born from her personal experience having visited the Monarch Sanctuary in central Mexico. It was amazing to her what these small insects achieve, some of it coming from their perseverance and sense of mission, however much of it comes from their action as a mass. She hopes that this exhibit reveals the power of the artist as an individual and as a whole without limitations and restrictions.
On the night of the opening, come view artworks created by tenants at Spring Street Studios and guest artists. International chefs will delight the public with petite delicacies inspired by the artworks. In attendance, there will be honored with music by harpist Joanna Whitsett.
Program of events, during the four months of the exhibition include:
- Ars Lyrica Houston and Houston Early Music Festival ensembles will perform music from Renaissance and Baroque eras on various period instruments and present the instruments in a family friendly atmosphere.
- Fashion Fusion, an art inspired Pop Up featuring some of Houston's most audacious fashion gurus.
- Some of Houston's most sought after chefs and caterers will delight us on the opening night with appetizer and bites inspired by artworks from the Biennial.
- “Las manos de la mariposa”/ the hands of the butterfly, a theatre production by Spanish Director Domingo Ferrandis.
Exhibition on view: October 4, 2019 - January 11, 2020
Spring Street Studios
1824 Spring St, Houston, TX 77007
All exhibitions are free and open to the public Monday - Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM.