SAWYER YARDS IS HIRING!
VENUE RENTAL MANAGER
Please email email@example.com to apply!
Sawyer Yards is a creative campus located in the heart of the First Ward and Arts District Houston. With over 350 tenants, including artists, entrepreneurs, food and drink spots, fitness concepts, and more, Sawyer Yards is an epicenter for events in Houston. The venue rental manager will lead Sawyer Yards venue bookings and communication efforts with clients and internal/external communities at Silver Street Studios, Winter Street Studios, and Spring Street Studios. He or she will manage the internal events calendar, execute rental contracts, and strategically book events and initiatives that build and promote the Sawyer Yards brand effectively. Events include, but are not limited to corporate events, commercial shoots, galas, weddings, food festivals, and more.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of each venue and Sawyer Yards’ brand message
- Lead venue rental sales, including answering calls and emails, scheduling and leading venue tours, and corresponding with upcoming events
- Create and prepare rental contracts, correspondence, and other venue requirements/detail information to clients
- Manage client communications regarding event specifications, logistics, planning, and safety to ensure standards are met
- Track and organize event assets (i.e. images, links, articles, documents)
- Manage contract event staff, cleaning crew and maintenance staff
- Manage internal booking calendar (i.e. venue rentals, tenant events, exhibitions, building maintenance schedule) through event software Honeybook and Google Calendar
- Work with Marketing Director to update the website and social media for upcoming events
- Manage parking and parking maps
- Maintain recommended vendors list
- Key role in the enhancement of physical venues, booking processes, and procedures
- Serve as liaison between venue rentals, tenants, and surrounding community
- Send out monthly and as-needed communication notifying tenants and the surrounding community of upcoming events and/or any special needs and requests
- Attend monthly meetings to update and help tenant communication
- Actively follow and track tenant and surrounding community events and exhibitions to ensure the flow of parking, entrances, etc.
- Work with the Sawyer Yards Creative Team to help manage tenant special events (Fall/Spring Biannual, Second Saturday, building-specific events, and public/private studio events)
- Work with all departments to ensure venue rental and special events are well organized and communicated effectively and timely
- Take a leadership role in driving the annual venue rental revenue
- Oversee production and printing of venue rental marketing collateral and ensure timely, cost-effective, and accurate delivery
- Serve as venue rental liaison with clients, tenants, campus neighbors, and community
- Self-starter to take on projects where needed
- Needs to work occasional nights and weekends
- Minimum 2+ years of venue rental management experience required; event coordination preferred
- Experience working in a team-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Creative Suite, and Honeybook preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via email and phone
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020